Social Skills for Children
“You provided the tools needed to work through fears and complete work.” – Deidra V.
All participants are given the following guarantee:
If you don't learn one action step that will influence or change your behavior in our workshop, we will give you two hours of individual coaching for free.
Nearly 4 million school-age children have learning disabilities. A child’s ability to have successful social interactions can be impaired by academic challenges. In addition, 20% of those 4 million school-age children also have an attention related disorder which further challenges their social competence.
All children regardless of ability will benefit from explicit social skills instruction. Teachers and parents may have limited time and resources to parlay social appropriateness. This 10-session Social Skills Group will enable your child to:
- Become aware of their own as well as others’ social skills
- Choose appropriate words and modify their tone or inflection to reflect their intent
- Understand and display acceptable non-verbal cues such as personal space and body/facial gestures
- Recognize emotion in themselves, others and the impact expressing our emotions can have on others
- Appropriately initiate and engage in conversation
- Overcome anxiety or shyness and use relaxation techniques when needed
- Reflect on situations in which they used social skills
- Identify qualities and actions of a good friend and those of a poor friend
- Display successful school/classroom based social skills.
The last session of the program culminates in a celebration for the group that reinforces positive self-esteem.
Give your child the social tools they need to succeed! Get started!
Start your Best Life now! Workshops and individual coaching sessions are forming. Click here to register. Parents or their children can attend together or separately.
CLICK HERE to learn a new